Skip to Content

No one injured after Versailles home catches fire

No one was hurt after a home caught fire Tuesday morning in Versailles.

According to the Versailles Fire Department, the fire started around 5:10 a.m. at a home on W. Jasper Street.

Fire officials said a woman and two children got out of the home and no one was injured.

The fire started in or around a exhaust fan, officials said. Firefighters had to tear down the ceiling in the bathroom and a bedroom to put out flames in the attic.

The fire caused an estimated $1,500 to $2,000 in damage.

The Versailles Police Department, Versailles Rural Fire Protection District and the Mid-Mo Ambulance District also responded to the scene.

Sign up for email news alerts by clicking here

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content