Skip to Content

Firefighters respond to attic fire in Boone County

UPDATE 5:45 pm: Firefighters confirm the fire did start in the flue.

Firefighters said that the homeowners were in the residence at the time of the fire, smelled smoke and called 911. There were no flames but there was charring done to the insulation.

Firefighters said the fire could have been caused by the flue pipe getting too hot and igniting the insulation.

Crews are clearing the scene.

UPDATE 5:35 pm: Firefighters on scene tell ABC17 crews that the fire is a potential flue fire.

ORIGINAL STORY: Firefighters responded to the 400 block of Purdy Lane on Monday evening for reports of a structure fire.

According to public dispatch records, more than 10 emergency units responded to the scene.

A spokesperson for the Boone County Fire Department said that crews are working a fire in the attic.

ABC17 has crews on scene learning more about the fire.

Stay with this story for the latest information.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content