Skip to Content

No one is hurt after fire southeast of Columbia

Emergency crews responded to a house fire just southeast of Columbia, near Nifong Park, Wednesday night.

It started around 7 p.m. at a home in the 4000 block of Ponderosa Street in Boone County.

ABC 17 News is told a candle caught a mattress on fire. It caused some damage to the carpet. The home was not damaged in the fire.

The woman who lived at the home did have to stay with a friend while the home was ventilated.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content