Skip to Content

Holts Summit police arrest two after officers find a young child with injuries to the face and head

UPDATE: According to the probable cause statement, police said they noticed a huge bruise on the child’s face that looked to be consistent with a hand print.

Police said when they asked Myrick and Urbina how the child got the bruise they said he fell off of a futon.

Officers said the futon was not far off the ground and there was carpet covering the floor.

The child was taken to the hospital where a doctor said the bruise was consistent with finger marks and that the bruising went into the skull line, police said.

The child also had bruising on the left side of his chest, his arm, and the left side of his neck which the doctor said was consistent with grabbing, officers said.

Urbina told officers that she was at work when the child received the bruise on his face and that Wyrick was watching over them.

Police said when they were at the residence, Wyrick did not seem concerned about the child.

ORIGINAL STORY: The Holts Summit Police Department arrested Jeremy Myrick and Alexis Urbina on Thursday after officers responded to a report of child abuse in the 1000 block of South Summit Drive.

Officers said that when they arrived on scene, they found a young child who had visible injuries to the face and head.

Police said two children were taken into protective custody and taken to get medical treatment.

Myrick and Urbina were arrested and taken to the Callaway County Jail.

Myrick is charged with child abuse and has a $50,000 bond.

Urbina is charged with child endangerment and has a $5,000 bond.

Police say the investigation is ongoing.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content