Skip to Content

Jefferson City firefighters install carbon monoxide detectors, spread awareness of CO danger

Firefighters with the Jefferson City Fire Department went door to door, sharing the dangers about carbon monoxide.

ABC 17 News reporters went with the firefighters as they installed CO alarms in Jefferson City homes.

In previous years, the fire department has held this event but with smoke detectors. Over the summer, two people died from CO poisoning in their Jefferson City home.

The department has partnered with Lowe’s for the initiative, as they have been for the previous 12 years.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content