Skip to Content

Cooking fire causes damage to Jefferson City apartment

Unattended cooking is believed to be the cause of a fire that happened in an apartment in the 3500 block of Knipp Drive Thursday evening.

Jefferson City firefighters said the fire started on a stove top and spread to the kitchen cabinets. Firefighters found smoke coming from the front door when they arrived at the scene.

Fire officials said the fire was quickly extinguished, but caused extensive smoke damage throughout the apartment.

Firefighters were on scene for about 45 minutes.

One person was home at the time of the fire, but wasn’t hurt.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content