Skip to Content

Taj Mahal passes inspection after facing multiple violations

A downtown Columbia restaurant was back open for business after facing multiple violations.

Taj Mahal closed last week after a gas leak led to an inspection that revealed more than 40 different food and safety violations. Nineteen of those violations were critical.

On Tuesday, the Columbia/Boone County Department of Health told ABC 17 News that the critical violations had been fixed and the business’s permit was reinstated.

The restaurant also passed the Columbia Fire Department’s follow up inspection for fire code violations.

ABC 17 News discovered the restaurant had previously been shut down in April for multiple violations.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content