Skip to Content

311 now active for non-emergency calls in Boone County, connection to dispatch center

Boone County citizens can now call 3-1-1 to reach the dispatch center for non-emergency calls.

The existing non-emergency line, 573-442-6131, is still in service as well.

3-1-1 is being used so that emergency calls can take priority when calling 9-1-1.

According to a media release from Boone County Joint Communications:
— Always use 911 to report any fire, medical, rescue or incident involving hazardous materials.
— Call 911 if your police complaint involves a gun, a crime happening now, or a situation that needs immediate police response to prevent or stop an injury or property damage.
— 311 is the alternate number to report non-emergency law enforcement related complaints. Issues such as noise complaints, stolen property, parking problems, and making a police report can all be handled by calling 311.
— If you are not sure whether something is an emergency, dial 911 to report the incident.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content