Skip to Content

Mattress catches fire in Fulton home, no one injured

The Fulton fire and police departments put out a mattress fire on the 800 block of E 8th Street Saturday afternoon.

When police arrived on the scene, there was a mattress on fire outside and heavy smoke coming from inside the home.

There was a 60-year-old man still inside the home and a police officer pulled him out to safety. He was treated for smoke inhalation on scene by Callaway County EMS.

The fire department arrived to extinguish the fire and were also able to rescue the family’s 3 pets.

Fulton police told ABC17 News that they determined the man had fallen asleep while smoking and presumably the mattress caught on fire. No word yet on how the mattress got outside the home.

Central Callaway County Fire Protection District also responded to the fire.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content