Skip to Content

Homeowner, pets safe after house fire in north Boone County

UPDATE 6/7 10:22 :The Boone County Fire Department was able to determine that the origin of the fire was in the attic and it was started from deteriorated wiring. The estimated amount of damage is $3,000. The damage was contained to the attic and the homeowner was allowed to remain in the residence.

ORIGINAL STORY:Firefighters are on the scene of a fire in north Boone County Tuesday morning.

It happened just after 4:30 Tuesday morning in the 6800 hundred block of Maxine Street. That’s just northwest of Prathersville.

At least 14 units responded to the scene.

ABC 17 News has a crew on the scene. Our crews says they see plenty of smoke coming from the area and several emergency vehicles on scene.

The Boone County fire chief tells ABC 17 News one man lived in the home. He says the man woke up, smelled smoke, and called 911.

The victim was able to get out of the house with all of his pets safely and fire officials tell us they have since put the fire out.

The fire chief said the fire was likely electrical but says crews are working to confirm the cause.

ABC 17 News will keep updating this story as we confirm more details about the fire.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content