Skip to Content

Felon who hit deputy and led officials on case is formally charged

ABC 17 News confirmed Ashley Stone,32, is in custody and has been formally charged after getting shot at and taking deputies on a chase that ended in a car crash in Callaway County.

The charges out of Callaway County include resisting arrest and assault.

The Callaway County sheriff’s department confirmed Stone was wanted on a felony warrant out of Morgan County. Lt. Clay Chismclaims she hit a deputy with her car, who then shot at her, before she drove from the scene.

Everything started earlier in the day on Tuesday at Tow Pro in Holts Summit. Deputies were conducting surveillance there after getting reports Stone could be there to pick up a car. Lt. Chism said when the deputy ordered Stone out of the car at Tow Pro, Stone instead drove at the deputy. The deputy’s shot hit her car, Chism said.

“The details of the officer involved shooting are still under investigation. It will be a very thorough investigation,” Lt. Chism told ABC 17 News. “However, we do know at this point that our deputy was struck with the vehicle and at the same time he was struck with the vehicle, there were shots fired, and again, that is under investigation.”

Online court records show Stone missed a March 18 court date for a felony drug case in Morgan County. Stone was arrested in January for distribution of a controlled substance, drug possession, and child endangerment.

Authorities searched her house in January and found evidence of methamphetamine and marijuana.

They also found her three-year-old daughter in the house at the time, which added the child endangerment charges.

Stone posted a $100,000 surety bond February 18, according to records.

An ABC 17 photographer saw a patrol car in a ditch near the Highway 54 exit at South Summit Drive, but was told the officer was not hurt.

Stone was treated by ambulance crews for minor injuries. Her car was booked into evidence from the crash site near County Roads 348 and 349, just north of New Bloomfield.

According to court documents, Stone said she fled from police because she “had nothing left to lose and wasn’t going back to jail.”

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content