Skip to Content

Firefighters respond to house fire in Fulton Monday

Firefighters went to the scene of a house fire in Fulton. The fire on Plaza Drive was reported shortly before 2:30 Monday morning.

Crews arrived to find flames coming from the home. A gas meter at the back of the home was on fire and blowing gas when firefighters got there. They also reported a fire in the attic.

The two people who live in the home, a woman and her son, got out safely. The son was hurt on his foot after trying to put out the flames with a garden hose.

Firefighters tell ABC 17 News there is heavy damage in the attic, and heavy smoke damage throughout the home. The building has been deemed unlivable, and early damage estimates were about $70,000. The state fire marshal has been contacted.

Fulton officials believe the fire started with a short in the exterior flood light on the side of the home, which had no working smoke detectors.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content