Unattended cooking is being blamed for setting off a sprinkler at Paquin Tower in Columbia. Firefighters were called to the building shortly after 9:30 p.m. Thursday.
They found water coming out from under the door of an apartment on the 13th floor. Inside the apartment, firefighters found that a sprinkler head had activated. A fire marshal determined that unattended cooking set off the sprinkler.
No injuries were reported. There was some water damage due to the sprinkler activation, but no damage estimate is available.