Skip to Content

Sprinkler soaks apartment at Paquin Tower

Unattended cooking is being blamed for setting off a sprinkler at Paquin Tower in Columbia. Firefighters were called to the building shortly after 9:30 p.m. Thursday.

They found water coming out from under the door of an apartment on the 13th floor. Inside the apartment, firefighters found that a sprinkler head had activated. A fire marshal determined that unattended cooking set off the sprinkler.

No injuries were reported. There was some water damage due to the sprinkler activation, but no damage estimate is available.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content