Skip to Content

One person, dog rescued following Fulton fire

One person and a dog were rescued from a Fulton home Monday morning after a fire broke out at 725 Grand Street.

When the fire department arrived, crews noticed heavy smoke coming from the two-story home. The person was woken up by smoke and crawled out a second story window.

Crews rescued the person and dog from the roof. The person was treated by Callaway County emergency personnel for minor smoke inhalation and released on the scene.

One firefighter injured his knee after falling on the ice-covered road.

Investigators ruled the fire accidental, but couldn’t eliminate an electrical overload. Damage is estimated at $60,000.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content