Skip to Content

Firefighters working to find cause of heavy smoke at Columbia apartment complex

Columbia firefighters were working a structure fire at the Manor Apartments on Ashland Road in Columbia, not far from the University of Missouri campus Thursday afternoon.

Firefighters determined a fire started in a utility closet in the basement, and was put out in 5 minutes. Heavy smoke was coming from the chimney just before 4:00 p.m. Thursday.

The building was evacuated and no one was injured.

Stay with ABC 17 News for the latest on this developing story.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content