Skip to Content

Columbia family out of home after electrical fire

A Columbia family is out of a home after their house goes up in flames early Saturday morning.

It happened on McClure Drive in north Columbia.

Columbia Fire Marshals say the blaze started because of a malfunction in an outlet that had several things plugged into it.

One person was home during the fire and allegedly had to climb out a bedroom window to escape the flames.

Fire marshals estimate the cost of damage to be around $85,000.

The Red Cross is stepping in to help the family of three.

The relief organization is providing financial assistance to give the family food, clothing, and temporary motel stay.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content