Skip to Content

Fire damages Boone County home

A fire damaged a home in Boone County Tuesday morning.

Crews from Southern Boone County Fire Protection District responded to the 2100 block of Cedar Tree Lane around 8:30 a.m. for a house fire.

Firefighters say the fire started in the basement before spreading to an upstairs kitchen.

“We had an attack crew in the basement, an attack crew in the kitchen area, then after that, just an overall for the hot spots,” said Price Nichols of the Southern Boone County Fire Protection District.

Firefighters were able to put out the fire in about 15 minutes, then stayed on the scene for a couple of hours to check for hot spots.

Investigators believe the fire started near an electrical box in the basement.

No one was injured and the family was not home at the time of the fire.

A damage estimate was not available as of Tuesday evening, but officials believe the home can be repaired.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content