Skip to Content

Cigarette causes deck fire in Columbia

A fire damaged a Columbia apartment Sunday evening.

The Columbia Fire Department said firefighters responded to a fire in the 900 block of Rogers Street around 6:40 p.m. When crews arrived, most of the fire on a second-story deck had already been extinguished.

Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire and hotspots.

The fire marshal said a cigarette left in a flower pot full of dry materials caused the fire.

Damage to the deck is estimated at $3,000 and no one was injured in the fire.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content