Skip to Content

Man Stays with Family After Fire

A man is staying with family after fire damaged his Columbia home Friday.His neighbors on Clinkscales Road called 911 after their dog barked. The husband looked out the window and saw smoke pouring from the roof.Crews got to the scene and made sure the man was not still inside. He had left about 30 minutes earlier to go to the grocery store.Investigators believe the fire started near an outlet. The laundry room was destroyed, and the rest of the house had heavy smoke damage. Early estimates show it will cost $40,000 to fix.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content