Skip to Content

Laundromat Fire Causes Damage

A fire at a Columbia laundromat Friday night caused minor damage to the business.Firefighters responded to Robinson’s Cleaners & Laundromat on Conley Road around 10:25 p.m. for a report of a structure fire. When fire crews arrived, they found heavy smoke throughout the business.Customers told firefighters that a clothes dryer had caught fire and they had tried unsuccessfully to extinguish the flames using a portable extinguisher. Everyone in the business was able evacuate safely.Crews were able to put out the fire shortly after arriving. The Fire Marshal determined a dryer had overheated, causing towels to catch on fire.Damage to the dryer and business is estimated at $5,500.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content