Skip to Content

Late night fire damages Columbia dry cleaner

Columbia firefighters are blaming a load of towels in a dryer for sparking a small fire at a local laundromat Friday night.

Crews responded to the Robinson’s Cleaners and Laundromat on Conley Road on the city’s east side just before 10:30 p.m. When they arrived they found thick smoke filling the building.

Six people who were inside at the time the blaze broke out were outside the building when firefighters arrived. A customer made an unsuccessful attempt to put out the fire with an extinguisher.

Firefighters made quick work of the fire after getting on scene. The business is open.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content