Skip to Content

Apartment Fire Ruled Accidental

A large apartment fire that left four families without homes and shut down a major road Friday night has been ruled accidental, according to Boone County fire crews.Public Information officer Gale Blomenkamp told ABC 17 News Saturday that a juvenile playing with a lighter started the fire, which spread to about four of the Heritage Apartments on Highway 124 North in Hallsville.The response to the fire had that road closed for several hours Friday night. Power also had to be cut to the complex for some time.Volunteers from the American Red Cross helped four families, a total of 16 people, get motel stays and comfort kits Friday and Saturday nights.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content