Skip to Content

Roaches Found in Mall Food Court

***UPDATE MONDAY 11 P.M.***Two restaurants in the Columbia mall were closed Monday for numerous health violations, including roaches and improper disposal.Columbia Health Department officials got a complaint Monday morning and later inspected Famous Cajun Grill and Stir Fry 88, which share the same staff and management.They found 19 food code violations, ranging from open containers of food to roach feces and contaminated utensils.”Those are all pretty serious violations that needs direct attention,” Kala Gunier of the Columbia Health Department told ABC 17 News Monday.Summer Harding of Mexico, Mo. called the city claiming her daughter ordered strawberry chicken Sunday and discovered roaches in her food. She spoke to ABC 17 News Monday night.”They basically told me, ‘ I don’t know what you’re talking about,'” Harding said. “I said you should know what I’m talking about because i got the food from you.”Harding said her daughter had been sick since the family’s dinner experience Sunday evening, missing school Monday.”I personally will never eat there again,” she said. “I think they need to shut down the mall for a couple of days, [pesticide] bomb it, whatever they have to do to get things together, then reopen.”Columbia health officials also said Monday other restaurants in the food court may have similar concerns. As for the two shuttered stores, a second inspection will take place after the violations are fixed.You can read the full inspection reports for both restaurants below:

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content