***UPDATE 12:34 P.M.***Fire officials said a piece of equipment in the middle of the facility caught on fire. Employees tried a fire extinguisher on the cord dryer inside an oven, but called crews after it failed.***ORIGINAL STORY***Crews responded to the scene of a commercial fire on Monday in Columbia.Firefighters were called around noon to the Gates Corporation on Lemone Industrial Boulevard. Gates is a rubber manufacturer, but it is not clear where or how the flames started.Check abc17news.com for more details as the story develops.
BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION
ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.
Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here
If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.