Skip to Content

Factory Fire in Columbia

***UPDATE 12:34 P.M.***Fire officials said a piece of equipment in the middle of the facility caught on fire. Employees tried a fire extinguisher on the cord dryer inside an oven, but called crews after it failed.***ORIGINAL STORY***Crews responded to the scene of a commercial fire on Monday in Columbia.Firefighters were called around noon to the Gates Corporation on Lemone Industrial Boulevard. Gates is a rubber manufacturer, but it is not clear where or how the flames started.Check for more details as the story develops.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content