COLUMBIA, Mo. (KMIZ)
ABC 17 News obtained court documents detailing businesses in Boone County that violated COVID-19 guidelines.
Notices of violation are handed out by the Columbia/Boone County Department of Public Health & Human Services. PHHS then forwards the violations to the city prosecutor.
Six of those 20 businesses allegedly in violation were given fines.
- Midtown By Brookside: $524.50
- Elite Barbershop: $124.50
- Joe Machens Ford: $124.50
- AMF Town and Country Lanes: $125
- U-Haul of Missouri: $124.50
- Midwest Petroleum Company: $124.50
Notes were included as to why some businesses were fined. Elite Barber Shop had employees not wearing face masks while conducting business.
Midwest Petroleum Company was fined for similar violations.
U-Haul of Missouri had employees within six feet of each other, without masks on.
Other businesses were given notices of violations, however, they did not have any court records or fines.
- Willie's Pub and Pool
- Country Club of Missouri
- Truman's Bar & Grill
- Plaza Tire
- Silver Ball
- Danny and Jeanette Nowlin
- Father Tolton Catholic High School
Some businesses in Mid-Missouri are awaiting their day in court to find out if they'll be required to pay fines.
- Maxwell Family Chiropractic, Disposition hearing set for Feb. 11 at 9 a.m.
- Tiger Barber & Hairstyle Shop, Arraignment set for Feb. 8 at 3 p.m.
- KFC, Arraignment set for Dec. 28 at 3 p.m.
- Logboat Brewery Co., Disposition Hearing set for Jan. 6 at 1:30 p.m.
- 5th Down Bar and Grill, Arraignment set for Dec. 21 at 3 p.m.
- Burger King, Arraignment set for Feb 8 at 3 p.m.
- The Atrium / Travis Tucker, Arraignment set for Feb 8 at 3 p.m.