Skip to Content
News

Residential fire in Fulton may have been caused by fireworks

FULTON, Mo. (KMIZ)

The Fulton Fire Department reported to a residential structure fire Sunday at 326 West 9th Street. Firefighters responded to the area around 11 a.m.

Upon arrival, they saw smoke coming from the single-story structure. Crews went into the structure and found there was a fire in the attic. The fire was confined to the attic, but other parts of the residence did receive smoke and water damages.

There was no one in the residence at the time of the fire and no injuries reported.

According to a press release from the fire department, the structure was vacant and was being remodeled.

Investigators determined the fire was accidental in nature, but could not rule out a large amount of fireworks in the area as the cause of the fire which began on the outside of the structure.

The estimated damage is around $10,000.

Callaway / Fire / Fulton / Top Stories / Top Stories

Sydney Olsen

Sydney Olsen reports in the evenings during the week and on the weekend.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Skip to content