Skip to Content
Structure Fire

Man found dead at Boone County Fire Friday evening, stovetop fire identified as cause

Boone County Fire Protection District
Boone County Fire Protection District

BOONE COUNTY, Mo. (KMIZ)

Boone County Fire responded to a house fire just after 6 p.m. on the 6400 block of N HWY VV with a report of people trapped in the house.

Once crews were on scene, firefighters pulled the 60’s year old man from near the front door of the house started live-saving actions.

Other crews arrived on scene and put out the fire.

Officials report that Boone Hospital EMS and firefighters attempted to revive the man but report the man was pronounced dead on the scene.

A spokesman for Boone County Fire said it started as a stove top fire, and unattended cooking was the cause.

The fire caused $100,000 dollars in damage.

Boone / Fire / Local News / News / Top Stories

Karl Wehmhoener

Comments

Leave a Reply

Skip to content